Okay; I admit it. I am quite the cheese lover!
Whether alone, breaded and fried, included within or melted over an entrée … it is a great pleasure to my palate! Macaroni and cheese, ham and cheese, grilled cheese, pepperoni and cheese, cheesy mets, etc., etc. Yummo!!!
In that regard, the following recipe is one of my very favorites!
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken onto two-inch pieces
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimentos, drained
2 cups reserved chicken broth from the pot that cooked the chicken
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup additional grated sharp cheddar cheese
Cook two to three boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. Cut the cooked breasts into ½ inch pieces to make two cups. Cook the spaghetti in the same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When the spaghetti is cooked, combine it with the 2 cups of chicken breasts and the remaining ingredients, except the one cup of additional sharp cheddar.
Place the mixture in a casserole pan and top with the remaining sharp cheddar. You can cover and freeze it for up to six months, cover and refrigerate for up to two days, or bake it immediately at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on the top starts to brown, cover it with foil).
Then say “cheese”, smile, and enjoy this scrumptious dish!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
As you probably know, photographers for years have instructed their subjects to say “cheese” right before the picture is taken. Why? Because speaking the word “cheese” causes the corners of the mouth to turn up, cheeks to lift and teeth to show, giving the appearance of a smile whether genuine or not.
There’s also another word that, when said, can bring a real smile to our lips and genuine joy to our hearts. It is THE Word … the first Word, the only Word, the final Word … the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us, the Word that has existed from the beginning, was with God, and was God. The Word is Jesus! There is something about that Name! And as we speak His Name, recognizing the power that’s in it and all that it provides, how can we not smile?
- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. – Acts 4:12 (KJV)
- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. – Philippians 2:9-11 (KJV)
Strength, Healing, Deliverance, Restoration & Protection!
- By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see. Acts 3:16 (NIV)
- And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. – Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
- And she did this for many days. Then Paul, being sorely annoyed and worn out, turned and said to the spirit within her, I charge you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her! And it came out that very moment. – Acts 16:18 (AMP)
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and are safe. – Proverbs 18:10 (KJV)
Answered Prayer & Complete Joy!
- Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.– John 16:23-24 (NIV)
As believers in Jesus Christ, we have a lot to smile about, don’t we!
So say His Name … smile, and have a joy-filled day!